Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President Samuelson's Class

1. President Samuelson explained the importance of accepting callings. Please describe how you plan to respond to different calls that will come to you over your lifetime.

I think of many things as callings, such as motherhood, visiting teaching, etc. I believe callings are any purpose you have in life. I plan on accepting any and every calling Heavenly Father has in store for me. I know that he has a plan for me and if I want to be happy I need to fulfill my callings.

2. President Samuelson identified the practice of being “too critical” of ourselves as being worse in effect than not being critical enough. How do your expectations of your own performance effect how you serve as a leader. How do you intend to avoid the practice of over self criticism?

I definitely agree with his thoughts on this. I think that if we spend too much time being critical of ourselves, we will never get anything done. We have to balance it just like we do everything else. We have to make sure that we are aware of our weaknesses but never focusing on them to the point they are a great distraction from progressing in life.

3. President Samuelson shared his method of organizing his plans to include, long term, mid term and short term. What approach do you currently use in organizing the work you are responsible for?

I think I do something of the same thing. I have life goals, I have yearly goals, I have semester goals, and then I have weekly goals. I try to make sure they are all working towards my greater goals. I think that the best way to achieve most of your life goals is through achieving the small weekly goals. So that is focus I have when making make my goals.

4. Please describe your motive for serving in BYUSA. Has this motive changed or evolved as the year has gone by?

I think it has definitely changed over the years! But in the last year, my motives have come more closely related to the BYUSA vision. I think the main reason for this is because I have gained a better knowledge of it and why it is important for our organization to be focused on this. I am so thankful that I have been able to stick around long enough to get to this level of motive behind my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment