Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ron's Lesson

1. Bro. Jones described his career path and an experience where he received a recommendation from the President of Dixie State College. This recommendation came because of Bro. Jones reputation as someone who would follow through on any assignments he received. Please describe what practices you will engage to make sure that you are considered someone who is reliable in completing projects.

I think something that is really important is just responding quickly to requests. Even if you don't have an answer, just let people know you are working on it and then give yourself a deadline and make them aware of it. Also being aware of deadlines that are of most importance and making sure that those, if nothing else gets done. I know that there are some projects that are of more importance than others. They are also the projects that are most noticed when they are not done in a timely manner. Being timely on those should be greatly focused on. I plan on making sure that I prioritize my projects and get those of most importance done first, so there will be no question on timeliness.

2. Bro. Jones mentioned the opportunities that he has had to be an example for those who are not members of the church and has been an influence for changing opinions about Mormons. Please describe how you will consider the opportunity to make friends for the Church as you start and grow your career.

I love the idea of being a representative of Christ in all aspects of our lives. And I think it is important to remember this as we go out to work in the world. I will remember that someone is always watching and taking in information about LDS people. I will be sure to watch myself and be aware of the message I am sending to those around me.

3. Bro. Jones described his work on the Festival of the American West. One aspect that made that event successful was the inclusion of many different people and allowing them to shine with their talents. Please explain how this concept of involving others and allowing them to utilize and showcase their talents relate to our practice of leadership in BYUSA and in the future.

Oh it is so related to what we do here. We definitely can't do all of this alone. We are surrounded by people who have different experiences and different qualities they have worked toward. I think that a big part of leadership is knowing the talents of those around you and then knowing how their talents can best help accomplish your goals. BYUSA thrives on this idea of depending on others to help achieve goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment