Monday, February 7, 2011

Brother Cox

1. Select at least three of Bro. Cox's 12 career "hints" and report what you are currently doing to follow his recommendations. Be specific in describing how you are living each "hint."
I am living the "Do more than is expected" hint. I am doing that because I am involved in BYUSA and that is not expected. I try to do more than is expected within BYUSA as well, and I think I do for the most part.
I am living the "Don't measure success by fame or fortune" one. I definitely do not measure my success through fame or fortune in BYUSA, otherwise I would be a failure! But I measure success through the number of people served and the experience of those I have stewardship over.
I am living the "Try New Things" hint. I tried BYUSA which was new. I also have tried many new classes and many new instruments. I try new books. I try new ways to accomplish my goals in life. I love trying new things and I do it pretty often.

2. Select one or more "hints" from Bro. Cox upon which you feel a need improve your focus. Be specific about your plans to better incorporate this "hint" into your life.
I need to be better about putting family first. I care a lot about my family, but I don't think my actions show that I care a lot about them as much as it should. I plan on spending more one on one time with my sister. I will eat lunch with her at least twice a week and then spend time with her one other time a week. I will be sure to call my mom at least two times a week. I will also talk to every family member at least once a month. This will greatly help me to show I put them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment