1. "When we serve others we are not motivated by selfishness, but by charity." Please describe an experience where you have had the opportunity to be motivated by charity in your leadership experience.
The first thing I can think of is serving at FOL. I was willing to do what ever it takes to make sure they have the best experience possible. Many times I would go back to their cabin to grab something they forgot so they could say and participate. I tried to be as selfless as possible.
2. Why is it important for you to serve and lead now?
I think it is mainly important because of the people we can influence now. And if we don't start now, I have heard life just gets more crazy, so we may never start. I also think service and leadership, to be done well, needs to become a lifestyle. If we want it to become a lifestyle, it takes time and we should start now!
3. How will you prepare yourself to be ready for those unexpected opportunities to lead and serve, like the college students who saved the truck driver who had fallen off of the causeway?
I think like I mentioned in the previous answer, just living my life in a way that is centered around service. If my life is focused on serving every time I see the chance, I won't pass up opportunities like that to serve those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment