Christy Lively taught a lesson on Interpersonal Skills this week. We are supposed to answer the following questions:
1. Have you established stretch goals for the team that energizes the team to achieve more?
At the beginning of our time in BYUSA, as an area, we set goals to help us be successful. First, we decided that we wanted good quality events with a good quantity of people. Second, we decided that we wanted to be tight like unto a dish as an area. Third, we decided that we wanted to have selfless service and love. These goals are ones that we chose as a group that would energize us to do our best!
2. Do you keep your team focused on team goals and objectives?
I think I need to do better on holding my team accountable. I think I should discuss our progress in area meetings and in stewardship. I should be constantly bringing up our goals so they will remember them. I have a plan to talk about it in our next area meeting and discuss where we are and where we want to be as far as accomplishing our goals goes.
3. Have you spent time with your team to reinforce goals with everyone is committed?
I need to do better about reminding everyone about our team goals and making sure that they are doing all they can to achieve them. I think as you talk about your goals, you come up with more ideas and ways to achieve them.
4. Do you regularly discuss your progress towards achieving those goals?
I do focus on our goals a lot. Every activity I think about if we are achieving what we want to achieve. I think I could do better though because my part is getting those around me to do their part and I need to make sure I am energizing them and making sure they are doing their part. I can not achieve our team goals alone. I need their help!
5. How did applying established stretch goals in your week go?
We decided not to have area meeting, so I have not had a chance to discuss our goals with my team yet, but we will this Friday and I am excited to see how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment