1. What does integrity really mean to you? How do you know personally when you are displaying integrity?
I think integrity is doing the right thing always. I think if you have integrity you make the right choice even when it is hard. When I think of people that show great integrity, they have done something that was right but because of the circumstances, it was difficult. I know that I am showing integrity when at the end of the day, I have been true to my beliefs. I have not changed my feelings about something because of a situation.
2. Choose one of the development suggestions, or your own, to work on this week. What did you choose? Why? How did it go?
I am choosing to work on being assertive. I was looking through the High Integrity and Honesty section in the manual and this one really stuck out because I do not think I am very assertive. I plan on questioning more things, rather than just letting them go. I think that if I am more attentive about the decisions I am making and others are making it will greatly benefit our area. I will report how this went next week.
3. Think of someone you know that displays integrity regularly. What do they DO to demonstrate integrity? How does this impact you?
I think someone who displays great integrity is Brother Cox. He is a great example to me as I know that he will always do the right thing. I can rely on his decisions because I know that he has thought though the decision and thinks it is the best choice. I also know that he cares a lot about what he does, therefore he shows genuine concern for others. He also asks questions to show that he wants to know more about everyone participating and he holds what everyone is doing to a high standard. I know that if Brother Cox is not pleased with a choice it is probably for a good reason, because he only chooses through his integrity and honesty.
No comments:
Post a Comment